Friday, September 17, 2010

Terry Fox and his amazing Marathon of Hope

I know that I am going to scoop someone about this, but I feel like this is important.

Terry Fox, for people of a certain age, embodies the belief that one person can make a difference; that one person with a clear goal and defined vision – no matter how lofty or unrealistic it seems to the rest of the world – can do whatever you put your mind to. 


And he also embodies the frailties of the human body and how even when you believe in a thing bigger than yourself, it sometimes becomes something completely different.


If you had survived your battle with cancer, I think you would have been overwhelmed at the difference you have made not only here in Canada, but around the world. I think you would be proud of what you started. 

Here is to 30 years of running the Marathon of Hope. Here is to envisioning a different world, where we conquer cancer.


Believe and make a difference.


And now a few of my favourite words from the man himself: “I'm not a dreamer, and I'm not saying this will initiate any kind of definitive answer or cure to cancer, but I believe in miracles. I have to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment