Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I am a Scientist

Even though I work in a science related industry, I have never claimed to be a scientist and/or researcher, until today. I happened upon this article about a new study declaring that magic mushrooms may indeed lower anxiety and depression in late stage cancer patients.

WOW, that is exciting news! Do we really need to spend money on studies to prove something that we already know? Of course taking magic mushrooms or marijuana will make you feel all warm and fuzzy. I know this from participating in a study myself, a study called “being a teenager”.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all for scientific research and studies that discover different ways to treat diseases or ease symptoms. But c’mon people, let’s come up with something new!

Today I declare myself a research scientist and I propose this study.

“Does Vacationing on a Tropical Island Without Whiny Children or Nagging Husbands Decrease Symptoms of Anxiety and Depression in Women?”

Hmm….

Magic mushrooms may ease anxiety of cancer: Study

2 comments:

  1. I am sure that you will need to find willing volunteers for that study. Oh look, I am willing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just great, so while the patients are in remission they can have flash backs of laughing hysterically, uncontrollably whilst being paranoid and in pain. I have an idea...it's called prevention. Let's spend a few bucks there.

    ReplyDelete