Friday, November 5, 2010

I am a Scientist

Researchers develop a device for plants to send text messages.

Upon first glance of this article, my usual inner rage over useless studies/research began to build.
First thought - if you are too stupid to not water your plants, then you shouldn't have them.
Second thought - instead of paying $99 for a device to remind me to water, I could just buy new plants. Or better yet, silk ones.

And then I watched the video...
The rage was soon replaced with hysterical laughter.
Hearing what sounds like either a possessed leprachaun or a drunken bloke named Angus MacGregor translate the plants needs for me was hilarious!

I would definitely consider buying this device, but for entertainment purposes only. Imagine the fun you could have! A couple of possiblities:
-Scaring your children into doing whatever you say.
-Convincing dumb people that your plants really talk.
-Even better, convincing them to talk back to the plants.

I am still a scientist. A scientist with a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment