Friday, October 15, 2010

Great News, 15 October 2010

Another week has come and gone and I am thrilled about the way this week turned out.

  1. I am not even going to put a link to this one, but the rescue of 33 miners in Chile will probably be the defining good news story of 2010.
  2. I think now is a good time to remember some captivating rescues from the past (in no particular order):
    1. Hudson River Landing of US Airways flight 1549 by Captain Sullenberger, 16 January 2009
    2. Baby Jessica being rescued from an abandoned well after 59 hours, October 1987 
    3. 13 April 1970, Apollo 13 crew fought to survive after an oxygen tank exploded. 
  3. Share Happy is a vending machine for the digital age, so says the inventors. Smile into the camera and receive free ice cream. That's right, I said FREE ICE CREAM. I couldn't help but smile as I watched the video: http://www.sapient.com/en-us/sapientnitro/work.html#/?project=157.
Have an excellent weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment